Bruno in Brooklyn
- Tell us a little bit about yourself?
I live in the San Francisco area and work for a biotech company in their clinical R&D department.
- When did you start solving and making puzzles?
I had tried my hand at solving cryptics back during college day , but completely lost touch with it due to life, career, family etc, until a couple of years back due to Facebook groups such as Cryptic Crossword Society and 1Across. These groups helped me get back to cryptics and also helped hone my setting skills.
- Do you just concentrate on cryptics or do you solve/create other kinds of puzzles too?
Just cryptics – difficult enough to find time for them!
- A cryptic clue that always stayed with you?
Used to hold her in sleep when upset (10) (UK Telegraph, can’t remember setter)
- Favorite constructor?
No particular favourites, but enjoy many of The Hindu Crossword and Telegraph and (occasionally) the Guardian.
- What do you like to do when you’re not doing puzzles?
I am pretty outdoorsy, so like running, hiking etc. I also do a fair bit of travelling for work and fun.
- If you could have dinner with one famous person who would choose?
Sir Edmund Hillary
- If you had a superpower what would it be?
Neutralise everybody else’s superpowers! That way, it’s a level playfield.
- What’s your personal motto?
Yet to find one that is applicable at all times for me (and couldn’t find one on the internet clever enough to call my own).
Check out Balaji’s puzzles on the Hindu Crossword Corner Blog.