- Tell us a little bit about yourself?
I live in the San Francisco area and work for a biotech company in their clinical R&D department.
- When did you start solving and making puzzles?
I had tried my hand at solving cryptics back during college day , but completely lost touch with it due to life, career, family etc, until a couple of years back due to Facebook groups such as Cryptic Crossword Society and 1Across. These groups helped me get back to cryptics and also helped hone my setting skills.
- Do you just concentrate on cryptics or do you solve/create other kinds of puzzles too?
Just cryptics – difficult enough to find time for them!
- A cryptic clue that always stayed with you?
Used to hold her in sleep when upset (10) (UK Telegraph, can’t remember setter)
- Favorite constructor?
No particular favourites, but enjoy many of The Hindu Crossword and Telegraph and (occasionally) the Guardian.
- What do you like to do when you’re not doing puzzles?
I am pretty outdoorsy, so like running, hiking etc. I also do a fair bit of travelling for work and fun.
- If you could have dinner with one famous person who would choose?
Sir Edmund Hillary
- If you had a superpower what would it be?
Neutralise everybody else’s superpowers! That way, it’s a level playfield.
- What’s your personal motto?
Yet to find one that is applicable at all times for me (and couldn’t find one on the internet clever enough to call my own).